Debt structuring assumes importance while achieving financial closure for new projects / expansion schemes. The structure and composition of debt impacts all-in-cost of funds in domestic and global markets. We need to be involved right from the initiation of the process, so as to achieve optimum cost of funds with minimum market risk.
Selectively, we may also help prospective borrowers in identifying potential investors / lenders.
Large corporates would find our advisory services useful in the following areas:
- Evaluation of domestic debt vs. global debt
- Evaluation of different instruments of borrowing
- Exploring alternate means of finance, including quasi-equity
- Selection of merchant bankers
- Structuring debt with put / call options, step-up interest rates etc.
- Negotiating all-in cost of funds
- Assistance in due diligence & documentation
- Yield enhancement of funds parked offshore
- Hedging strategy for drawing funds / for meeting repayment obligations